Sector Six story is completed!
I admit that I wanted too much from it. 14 different missions, 8 bosses, choices, all those dialogues - it was too much for me to do it flawlessly.
But the most important thing for me was to make a story campaign that is more than just… More than just a bunch of “go there” goals so that player would know what to do.
So I think I have accomplished that and I’m happy.
Other cool things that I did:
The story is now literally bigger because I increased dialogue font size!
Loot box now shows up to 170 items!
I have updated boss missions to use all minions, instead of just scions, sentinels, and gatherers. It also supports Manifestations of Destruction and doesn’t support The Decision modifiers now, so it’s, well, better.
I have added more bulwark blocks for siege missions, now there are explosive blocks that destroy blocks diagonally when hit and blocks that contain loot!
Finally, the arena missions have been improved significantly. Now they support The Assault of the Modified and The Rain of Fire modifiers, and you no longer need to keep going back to summon new minions.
And now I’m going to work on endgame content!
The current plan is to make the procedurally generated region with objectives and rising loot quality, war to secure all areas, new mission type, and more relics!
The new estimated time of arrival for Sector Six is 24 days:
- Mission XIV.
- The Machines.
- Loot rework: Bigger enemies now drop better parts, difficulty level makes enemies drop better parts.
- Ether rework: Ether properties now scale with level, ability ether costs increase with ability levels.
- Weapon rework: Nodes now reduce ability ether costs and pylons reduce ability cooldowns.
- Ability rework: Abilities now use same damage type and are unlocked as spaceship level increases.
- Mission XIII.
- Rebalanced ability points: 1 ability point per level.
- Mission XII.
- Mission XI.
Completed – Minor changes and improvements:
- Expanded dialogue box.
- Improved cathodes.
- Improved loot box: Up to 170 looted items visible, glitch free.
- Updated boss mission.
- Improved arena mission: Better loop, supports The Assault of the Modified and The Rain of Fire modifiers.
- Improved siege mission: New blocks, minor graphical improvements.
- Expanded credits.
- Graphically improved loot.
- Added region select screen and map key.
- Improved mission overview interface.
- Improved mission I.
- Improved mission III.
- Improved text input.
- Reworked tutorial.
- Reworked introduction.
- Added avatar customization: Name your character and choose how it looks in dialogues.
- Improved spaceship building interface.
- Reworked Super Shield ability: Shield lasts 8 seconds and increases armor generated on kill while active.
- Fixed inventory leak.
- Adapted backgrounds to screen shaking.
- Improved dialogue avatars.
- Improved settings interface.
- Added button that resets settings to default.
- Added button that resets controls to default.
- Modular difficulty system changes: Flow Stagnation maximum level changed to 1, rebalanced rewards, removed diodes.
- Reworked Creation of Energy and Channel abilities.
- Improved achievement interface.
- Repositioned mission interface.
- Fixed weapon amplifying.
- Improved ability bar.
- Made better ability icons.
- Heavy Shield rework: Now called Power Shield, no longer slows down spaceship.
- Improved ability and effect icons.
- Improved Kithalia’s Blight set penalty
- Improved barrager.
- Toggle XP gain feature has been removed.
- Improved Sector transition cutscene.
- Improved pausing.
- Improved HUD.
- Improved ability level scaling.
- Improved item management and filtering.
- Repositioned item management buttons.
- Stat page improvements.
- Virtual and physical weapon clarification and stats.
- New part properties.
- Improved part names.
- Higher grade parts are now more common.
- Relic dismantling rewards.
- Parts give less damage reduction and reflect chance.
- Parts give fewer wave chances.
- Improved item generator: Now produces more random items.
- Item changes: Changed diode cost, changed certain item sprites, improved item use error messages, improved tooltips.
- Fixed story mission X glitch.
- Reworked phase break mechanic: Gain additional damage after taking a certain amount of damage.
- Channel ability’s ether cost reducing effect now lasts 3 seconds, making Channel much easier to use.
- Cataclysm ability has been replaced with passive anti-shield ability: Breach.
- Renamed Phase to Phasse, to differentiate it from phase mechanic.
- Improved Aggression, Resistance, and Capacity: More powerful, more interesting, and consistent with other abilities.
- Decreased starter part limit to 6.
- Decreased starter maximum ether to 50.
- Starter engine now gives less maximum armor.
- Increased starter ability points to 10.
- While Guardian of a Thousand Worlds ability is active, Concentrated Fire recharges instantly.
- Improved alloy containers: New property, increased sell and buy price, reduced city stock.
- Removed filled alloy containers.
- Corrected W. warning button tooltip.
- Fixed engine glitch.
- Improved missiles that appear when player’s spaceship leaves the enemy range.
- Guardian is now more mobile.
- Potentially fixed Black Rain projectile problem.
- Region update flashes are now brighter.
- Veteran’s and revenant factory’s ballistic attacks are now slower.
- Improved dialogue system graphics.
- Oesa’s Radiance set effect changed, now base maximum armor is equal maximum ether.
- Damage bonuses now are applied to damage while Lodeon’s Ultimatum set is active.
- Fixed and improved certain set descriptions.
- Broken Infinity endgame activity.
- Restoration War endgame activity.
- New save system.
- New achievements.
- Compressed part rework.
Not completed – Minor changes and improvements:
- Rework certain achievements.
- Rearrange achievements in the achievement interface.
- Lock advanced features if the player level is lower than 5.
- Holding shift button to dismantle and sell just one item from the stack.
- Improve Techamer’s cell.
- Improve shield particles and animations.
- Intro logo skipping inconsistency.
- Make Awakening of Inner Power support all missions.
- Improve damage text.
- Improve controller support.
- Improve secured regions.
- Rework evolving mechanic.
- Replace gauntlet missions.
- Improve collision system.
- Add help pages.
- Improve background system.
- 24 days.
- 80% of the tasks completed.
- I’ll post again when the percentage will reach 90%.