Since the last time I have posted, Sector Six has become a much better game! In a chain of small changes, I have made ability points more rewarding, ability scaling more important, six least useful abilities more useful, leveling more consistent, and phase mechanic more effective!
Phase mechanic now used to turn enemy damage into player damage. After X amount of damage taken, player’s spaceship will enter phase which will increase damage by Y% for 5 seconds.
I have also added mission XIII. It’s more or less a big cutscene, but with it done, I can focus on the main features of the final Early Access update.
So, yeah, tomorrow I’m starting to work on relics! The arrival of relics will finally end the dark ages for Sector Six and it will become a true loot game!
- Mission XIII.
- Rebalanced ability points: +1 ability point per level, capped at level 360. Yup, level 360 =P
- Mission XII.
- Mission XI.
Completed – Minor changes and improvements:
- Fixed story mission X glitch.
- Reworked phase break mechanic: Gain additional damage after taking certain amount of damage.
- Channel ability’s ether cost reducing effect now lasts 3 seconds, making Channel much easier to use.
- Cataclysm ability has been replaced with passive anti-shield ability: Breach.
- Renamed Phase to Phasse, to differentiate it from phase mechanic.
- Improved Aggression, Resistance, and Capacity: More powerful, interesting, and consistent with other abilities.
- Decreased starter part limit to 6.
- Decreased starter maximum ether to 50.
- Starter engine now gives less maximum armor.
- Increased starter ability points to 10.
- While Guardian of a Thousand Worlds ability is active, Concentrated Fire recharges instantly.
- Improved alloy containers: New property, increased sell and buy price, reduced city stock.
- Removed filled alloy containers.
- Corrected W. warning button tooltip.
- Ability to decrease the level of MDS modifiers even while they are disabled.
- Fixed engine glitch.
- Improved missiles that appear when player’s spaceship leaves enemy range.
- Guardian is now more mobile.
- Potentially fixed Black Rain projectile + reflect chance problem.
- Region update flashes are now brighter.
- Veteran’s ballistic attack is now slower.
- Improved dialogue system graphics.
- Oesa’s Radiance set effect changed, now base maximum armor is equal maximum ether.
- Damage bonuses now are applied to damage while Lodeon’s Ultimatum set is active.
- Fixed and improved certain set descriptions.
- Mission XIV. 7
- Broken Infinity endgame activity. 3
- Restoration War endgame activity. 3
- Relics. 14
- Shared stash in Deep Path to transfer items between player characters. 1
- The Machines. 14
- New save system. 3
- 49 new achievements. 3
Not completed – Minor changes and improvements:
- Relic dismantling rewards.
- Sector map interface.
- Improve the implemented Machines.
- Rework certain achievements.
- Rearrange achievements in the achievement interface.
- Level cap changes and game options.
- New part properties.
- Better part names.
- Side mission dialogues.
- Better default controls.
- Ability to reset controls to default.
- Ability to reset settings to default.
- Ability to toggle side mission dialogues.
- Settings interface improvements.
- Fix stack buying glitch.
- Reposition mission interface.
- Rework achievement interface.
- Reset difficulty level button.
- Lock modular difficulty system if the player level is lower than 3.
- Virtual and physical weapon clarification and stats.
- Stat page improvements.
- Connection strength near avatar picture.
- Adapt backgrounds to screen shaking.
- Dismantle all and uninstall all buttons should have a tooltip.
- Holding shift button to dismantle and sell just one item from the stack.
- Looting improvements.
- Improve Techamer’s cell.
- Rework loot box.
- Fix loot box stackable item glitch.
- Improve artifact carrier.
- Rework mission III. Again.
- Improve siege mission.
- Improve arena mission.
- Reposition item management buttons.
- Fix dialogue clash with HUD glitch.
- Expand dialogue box.
- Improve shield particles and animations.
- Improve MDS decorative map in mission select screen.
- Fix Lodeon’s ship glitch when skipping intro cutscene.
- Intro logo skipping inconsistency.
- Improve mission I.
- Make Awakening Of Inner Power support all missions.
- Improve ability bar.
- Add map decorations.
- Improve Sector transition cutscene.
- Rework contribution system.
- Improve barrager.
- Improve text input.
- Character customization: Rename character and change avatar icon.
- Improve ability interface.
- Improve ability level scaling.
- Improve damage text.
- Almadi cathode rework.
- 55 days.
- 32% of the tasks completed.
- I’ll post again when the percentage will reach 40%.