Update! Story mission X, balancing, and Sector Five
This update adds a lot of new stuff!
Story mission X
High Path is active, it’s time to travel to a dimension beyond the light of Sector Six. You need to go there to meet a scientist, imprisoned for his work in the forbidden branch of science.
One more step towards victory. One more step towards the unknown.
If the Almadi knew what you did and what you’re planning to do, you would be imprisoned too.
Tips and part rotation
Spaceship building has a received a small update. Now it’s possible to rotate almost every part. Building a cool-looking ship has never been so easy!
With the new functionality, comes new controls, and because there is no way I could stuff explanation for part rotating into an already long tutorial, I have added tips! Now every time you will open spaceship interface, below inventory you will see one of several tips.
One of them will tell you how to rotate parts.
I’ve been playing Sector Six a lot recently and I noticed that I have too many units. To fix that, I made amplifiers, cathodes, and anodes as expensive as fractal parts. This also makes difficulty level rewards even more rewarding.
The other thing that I have noticed was how powerful Searing Beam is.
So, here is what I did:
- Searing Beam now deals less damage - from 150% pylon damage to 80% pylon damage at level 10.
- Searing Beam now deals 40% at level 1, instead of 15%.
- Spending points on Searing Beam now increase Searing Beam damage by 4%.
Finally, diodes used to be too over-powered and made getting high-grade parts way too easy. So, now to upgrade higher grade parts with diodes you need more diodes. E.g.: Upgrading fractal part to mythical now requires 5 diodes.
Accessible after completing mission IX and securing Decelerators area, Sector Five contains these features:
- The region that sells empty parts
- Three new minions unique to Sector Five
- Arena mission in which you can fight these unique minions
- Story mission X
Empty parts are parts with amplifier slots instead of part properties. E.g.: Empty optimized part instead of 2 properties and 1 amplifier slot has 3 amplifier slots. So, now you can craft your own parts by amplifying empty parts! This is another reason why amplifier prices have been increased.
- Map tooltips now show up at the correct height.
- “Collect” button now shows a tooltip that explains what it does.
- Corrected Creation Of Energy ability description.
- Corrected Searing Beam ability description.
- Corrected shield removal tutorial.
- Player spaceship now has the same damage and collision graphical effects as the enemies.
- Eolutch is now level 19 region.
- Charred Link is now level 20 region.
- Made new background for High Path region.
- You will no longer get Through Broken Infinity achievement for completing Time Vortex mission. Hopefully.
- Black Rain now deals less damage to the spaceship.