2017 was a year of difficult advancement! There were many tough phases both in my life and Sector Six development, but I have pushed through and now I’m feeling stronger than before.
Sector Six has been under harsh criticism several times this year - both direct and indirect. I have used that criticism to take a better look at my game and improve it further.
After region rework, new tutorial, better loot and graphical combat improvements, Sector Six is a much better game than it was in the beginning of the year and I am really proud of that.
Another thing that I am proud of is how much hours I’ve invested into Sector Six this year. I’ve never developed this hard before.
Here’s what updates hit Sector Six in 2017:
- Controller support beta, and miscellaneous fixes
- Secure regions, trading, and alloy container rework
- New abilities and enemies, city improvements, new game+ and full controller support
- New side missions and achievements
- Part sets and item update
- New tutorial
- Titan class
- Final combat update
- Region rework
- New story missions
After all these big updates, Sector Six is 88% complete!
In 2018 Sector Six will be completed and will leave Early Access!
This is what I need to do to finish Sector Six:
Remaining 6 story missions
- I’m not counting story mission VIII, because it needs few more hours of work until it is ready to be released =]
- Unique, build-defining parts that Sector Six always needed!
- The ultimate endgame area!
- It will feature chained missions with the Machine boss to defeat at the end of each chain!
- Mission chain rewards include relics!
Save system rework
- You will have more save slots and will no longer need to manually save!
- This update will allow me to add permanent death mode!
Relics, Broken Infinity, save system rework and story mission XIV will come in one, final Early Access update.
After Sector Six will be released, I will continue updating it to fix glitches and add more content. Altrough I will only add additional content if there will be a demand for it.
Possible post-release content:
Tombworld of Hate raid
- Raids in Sector Six will be like long story missions, similar to story mission V.
- They will have bosses and relics as a reward.
- They will also be non-linear and difficult as hell =]
- The most complex and powerful class!
Two new bosses for boss missions
- Comes with new minions!
- Amplifiers that double the power of a part!
- Obtained by collecting fragments from side mission rewards.
- These small updates will add new minions, new side missions, new relics, new achievements and new ruin types.
So, yeah, 2018 will be pretty epic =]
Have a good year everyone!